Representative Payee

What does a Payee do for me?

The Representative Payee Program is responsible for assisting consumers who require assistance with their financial affairs.  The Representative Payee Program abides by all the procedures established by the Social Security Administration.  The Representative Payee receives your Social Security benefit payments on your behalf and will use the money to pay for your current needs, which include:

  • Housing and utilities
  • Food
  • Medical and Dental expenses
  • Personal care items
  • Clothing

What are the requirements?

  • Resident of Washington County
  • 18 years of age
  • Mental Health diagnosis
  • In need of Representative Payee Services

How do I get more information about this program? 

Referrals are available by contacting the Mental Health Association at 724-225-2061.