What is the Warmline?
The Warmline is a telephone line for mental health consumers and family members of Washington and Fayette Counties to call and receive non-emergency peer support and/or community resource information. This phone line is unique as it is not a crisis line. The Warmline Staff, mental health consumers themselves, bring their own experienced backgrounds to each call. High standards of confidentiality and trust are always maintained
What does the Warmline provide?
- Understanding, respectful, supportive conversation to each caller and assistance with problem solving when needed.
- Information in response to requests from consumers or their family members.
- Follow-up contact will be made to callers, when possible, to insure that the appropriate information and services were received.
When can I call?
The hours of operation for the Warmline are 6pm-9pm, 7 days a week, except major holidays. The phone numbers are listed below.
- Local number – (724) 223-1026
- Toll Free – 1-800-MHA-2466